The Dentists – Dressed – Compact Disc
Brand new, never played and still sealed in the factory plastic seal
The Dentists’ 1992 release, DRESSED, is a compilation of the band’s mid-to-late-’80s singles and EPs (which had previously been collected on the vinyl-only SOME PEOPLE ARE ON THE PITCH and BEER BOTTLE AND BANISTER SYMPHONIES). It’s also the belated American debut of the quartet, which hails from Kent, England. Over the course of these 22 tracks, which begin with the classic “Strawberries Are Growing in My Garden (And It’s Wintertime),” singer Mick Murphy, guitarist Bob Collins, bassist Mark Matthews, and drummer Rob Grigg perfect a brilliant synthesis of 60s-inspired psych-pop and ’80s-style indie guitar jangle. The results include playful gems like “Just Like Oliver Reed,” “You Took Me By Surprise,” and the swirling “She Dazzled Me With Basil.”
DRESSED compiles 22 tracks from various LPs and singles.
The Dentists: Michael Murphy (vocals, guitar); Robert Collins (guitar); Mark Matthews (bass); Ian Smith, Alun Jones (drums).
Engineers: Jeff Home, Julie Anne Jones, Howard Turner.
Recorded at Woolly Studios, Sheerness, England; Rooster Two, London, England; Raven, Norwich, England.
1. Strawberries Are Growing In My Garden (And It’s Wintertime)
2. She Dazzled Me With Basil
3. I Had An Excellent Dream
4. Strange Way To Go About Things, A
5. Chainsaw The Horse
6. Peppermint Dreams
7. Just Like Oliver Reed
8. Turquoise Castle, The
9. I Can See Your House From Up Here
11. Dawn Overdone
12. Writhing On The Shagpile
13. Flowers Around Me
14. I’m Not The Devil
15. Tony Bastable V Joan Noakes
16. You Make Me Say It Somehow
17. Mary Won’t Come Out To Play
18. Kinder Still
19. Little Engineers Set, The
21. Arrow Points To The Spot, The
22. One Of Our Psychedelic Beakers Is Missing